I’ve been looking for a greenhouse since getting the plot last year, and for Christmas, my parents bought me one. Last weekend me and my dad decided to put it up while the weather was good.
The frame itself was pretty easy to build and we had it done within a couple of hours. We then started to clad the back with the horticultural glass supplied, which itself was pretty easy. The problems started when we started to clad the one side. The horticultural glass would not line up properly, which resulted in one of the panes breaking in half when we tried to put the last one in. The other side was a piece of cake, and went together in no time at all. At this point, it was getting dark, so we packed up for the day and returned the following day.
When we arrived the following day, we found that the greenhouse had moved in the wind. To solve this, we made two stakes out of some scrap wood and drove these into the ground. We then screwed the frame of the greenhouse to the stakes. This made the whole frame pretty solid. The rest of the greenhouse went together without any issues.
A small potting table was built using scrap wood and positioned inside the greenhouse. And of course no greenhouse would be complete without something growing inside it. A few pots filled with compost with a sprinkling of seeds on top marked the start of the growing season.